We offer professional proofreading and editing services for academic books and articles across the arts, humanities, sciences and social sciences.
- We have supported hundreds of academics in getting their articles published in top-level English-language journals and books accepted by academic publishers.
- We go beyond checking for typos or mistakes: we can help with clarity, accuracy, structure, argument-building and language polishing, so that your research – and your own voice as an author – stands out.
- We ensure your work conforms to publishers’ house styles and that the punctuation and formatting are consistent throughout.
- We have over ten years’ experience working with native and non-native English speakers, helping academics across the world increase their global research impact and develop their academic English skills.
“Quite honestly, I don’t know how to thank you guys for all the work you put into The Decapoda of South Africa. Phenomenal! I will certainly recommend you two to any colleagues who also want to publish.”
Winks Emmerson, specialist in South African decapods
We are official proofreaders and copy editors for English articles in:
- Terra Sebus: Acta Musei Sabesiensis
- Annales Universitatis Apulensis. Series Historica
- Muzeológia a kultúrne dedičstvo (Museology and Cultural Heritage)
- Mesto a dejiny (The City and History)
“I do not have enough words to thank you for your valuable help. We have been co-operating since 2015, and the English articles we publish look much better now. I strongly recommend your services to anyone.”
Sorin Arhire, PhD, editor of Terra Sebus: Acta Musei Sabesiensis
To put it simply: it’s complicated! We sometimes charge per hour, sometimes per project (especially for books) . There are various discounts, e.g. for students, for longer manuscripts, or for clients in middle- to low-income countries.
It also depends on how much work needs doing. For excellent English with only minor typos, the speed can be over 4000 words per hour. For texts needing a lot of work, speeds can be less than 1000 words per hour.
Our rates are £38/hour for commercial organisations, £32/hour for academic institutions, £29/ hour for individual academics and £26/hour for students, but we make quotations on a case-by-case basis, and also take into account the relative economies of less wealthy countries.
For a quotation, please contact us, providing a sample or the entire text.
“It has been a great pleasure working with you on A Symphony of Flavours and I learnt so much from you. Your editing was top quality, and I appreciated your sense of humour. I hope we will be able to work together on other projects.”
Edmundo Murray, PhD; University of Zurich